Sunday, March 29, 2009

Great Google Gag

I have to take a break from discussions of the Rambam, Chazal and et al., to mention a hilarious thing that I noticed on Google today. At the outset I have to say that I love Google. They make great products (unlike Microsoft) and they are heimish. For example, I use Google Chrome as my internet browser - one day it crashed and the warning message said, "Whoa - your browser crashed." I know that there are people out there that are nervous that Google is taking over the world - but maybe they have the potential to be Plato’s ideal philosopher king? Maybe I could just pretend that Google could be a well-run benevolent organization making the Internet better for the entire human race? Maybe they could take over the UN? Well a fellow can dream.

So today I had the “pleasure” of reinstalling Windows on my desktop computer. (BTW - the computer actually works much better now and a hat tip to HP for making the installation process so easy.) Also, the Google homepage was set in Hebrew because all of my old preferences were erased during the installation. I went into the Google language preference and saw that "Elmer Fudd" was listed as a language. You can see the results for yourself.

What can I say, I love Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment